6/23/2008

Letter - MSN, Phone, Mail, and Face-to-face

A letter from a friend who doesn't use MSN nor have a blog, wrote
In fact, I have demanded some of my friends that they should write to me in English.
It works (for practicing English writing more), anyway.


That's interesting. Almost all of my friends and I communicate with each other via MSN, phones, and blogs. I call the first two 'real-time communication'. Both sides are required to be available to talk or message. Usually, I only have my MSN online when I'm using the computer (useless statements?), but I'm usually busy when I'm using the computer. Besides, I'm neither good at launching a chat nor continuing a topic so I seldom chat (exchange many recent news) via MSN or phone. For me, MSN therefore has become just a tool used for exchanging short, important, and emergent messages as well as by phone, which requires more luck and courage for a talk.

##CONTINUE##
Oops, I suddenly found that I usually know what the hell is going on of my friends via face-to-face meetings or their blogs. Oops again, I suddenly recall that, recently, some of my friends said (complained?) that I seldom reveal my life and my recent news on my blog -- and that's why the post 'Graduated' was written. Maybe blogging is only useful for sharing something neither too private nor too sensitive, maybe for some whines, complaints, fun, thoughts, and something delicious. Maybe blogging not only shortens the distance between people -- who are unlikely to know each other well -- but also keeps people away from others -- who are likely to know each other pretty well. Maybe technology not only linked people in wires but also keeps people in a certain distance in "web "(allusion with a double meaning: relationship network and the World Wide Web).

I suddenly found something strange. People always complain about that they cannot find anyone understands them, but they spend more time at knowing strangers (or new friends) than knowing old friends more or further. And I have to confess that I'm that kind of people. XD

Whatsoever, through reading and writing, I am able to know myself more and further.

沒有留言:

張貼留言