4/01/2008

Ways to Waste Time

“The best way to fill time is to waste it”, said Marguerite Duras. The good ways that I like to waste my time are reading, writing, and blogging. First, reading has expanded my eyes and thoughts, and I usually find fun in reading fictions, novels, social science books, prose, poems, articles, editorials, etc. A lot of the time, when I read, I get new information or thoughts; some of them hugely impact me. The impact of the stream of words may change my mind, and even my behaviors. Reading helps me examine my thoughts, and writing does as well. Writing helps me rearrange my thoughts and forces me to criticize and think about what I have read, heard, spoken, thought, and even what I have not thought. “An unexamined life is not worth living”, said Socrates, and I examine my life via writing. Finally, blogging helps me spread or record my thoughts and concerns and reach others’. Blogging enables me to reach some readers. That enables me to keep on writing, which keeps me thinking. In brief, I like to spend my time on reading, writing, and blogging because they assist me in thinking.

沒有留言:

張貼留言