11/08/2007

Reflect On Places That Have Affected You

I've often said, I'm more inspired by new locations than by any other type of stimulus. Today's exercise asks you to reflect on places that have affected you.
Exercise:
Spend a few minutes thinking about a place that has moved you immensely. It must be a place that once made a strong impact on you: whether that be a negative or positive impact is your choice. Perhaps you are thinking about a childhood memory, a holiday or an everyday place that strikes a particular chord with you. Describe this place.


Last year spring, I had a part-time job in Warnervillage at Xin-Yi, the most famous and most expensive cinema in Taipei. I was very nervous when I was standing in the ticket bar, candy bar, and coffee bar facing to customers at the first few times. When the stuffs were responsible for selling tickets in ticket bar, they had to promote the food, the suit, and be prepared for the week-promotion activity, and the managers would watch the business achievement and call for more at back. Sometimes there were some special events or annoying customers, some of the customers would strongly criticize the stuffs, and sometimes the stuffs would be punished or criticized by the managers. Some of the stuffs would apologize to the customers again and again, arguing with customers is not a rational and proper choice; some of the customer would criticize and complain again and again, some of the stuffs could not bear it, and lose their control of their lachrymals, but the tears are not the best defense or buffer to the customers who ate a gunpowder for breakfast. I would not know how much of complaints I could bear and how calm I could be if I hadn’t been there.

However, there were also a lot of funs. I might be nervous or listless when I began a usual day, but as many customers who left the bar or entered a cinema with satisfied and smelling faces, and as the coworkers’ perky voices echoed in the hall, I would become cheerful and wired. Maybe this is an example of the diffusion of happy moods.




1 則留言: