3/07/2008

Type A Personaily and Gookipedia Obsessive-compulsive disorder

Few days ago, I was in a psychology class which invited an NTU professor to give a lecture. I wrote down some terms on my notebook during the lecture. I wrote some terms like "internet addiction", "withdrawal", "tolerance", "Post-modernism", "deconstruction", "flow", "personnel identification", "self-realization", "kidult", and most of all, "type A personality". When the lecture was closing the end and I was recording the last term, the lecturer eyed to me and said 'That guy who is taking note during this lecture most likely has type A personality.' The whole class was laughing and he continued 'This is an easy lecture, just listen and laugh, do not take it so seriously. This kind of people is most likely to be a perfectionist and most likely to get heart-attack.'

Oops, I just wanted to write down some critical terms, in case if I liked to do some further study, I could have some proper terms to search. And it seemed that I was the only one who took note in that lecture. However, I did some further study after that class, indeed. Maybe I get a Gookipedia (Google-and-wikipedia, I made it) obsessive compulsive disorder (Gookipedia OCD). Ha ha...

BTW, I found an interesting test (see the last link), and my score was 79, which represented 'You seem to have a Type A personality...People probably get tense around you, and they tend to feel threatened in your presence....You should start learning how to relax, to let go, and enjoy life. Work on your communication skills. Try to take it easy and be lazy sometimes.' And one friend of mine who also took this test got a score of 52, which represented mixed, and he's an easy-going guy. Well, according to what I learned from that psychology class, this kind of psychology test should also provides a localized statistics. However, I ought to steal more time to read some fictions pending for such a long long time...

I become more and more like a SOHO recently. Everyday when I wake up, I check email boxes and reply mails if necessary. And I check those boxes again when I back to my studio from school, and reply mails if necessary...

Another thing is, I take an oral presentation course this semester. And what does it matter? Well, I am not a guy who likes to talk, especially to talk in front of people. To be honest, I hate to talk to a crowed of people. And unfortunately, I should've given and shall give presentations on a regular basis, thus I take this course. Moreover, this course requires that attendants give presentations in front of class, and practice body languages such as eye-contact and smiling...etc -- you're killing me. What the hell psychological self-abuse or self-injury I am doing! All right, to think from an optimistic aspect, I may feel less pain when giving presentations after this course...

Postmodernism
Type A and Type B personality theory
Obsessive-compulsive disorder
Type A Personality Test

沒有留言:

張貼留言