3/10/2008

A Person Who Has Made a Difference: My Elementary School Teacher

There were many elementary school teachers in my life. It is hard to choose one among them to write about, however, I think there is one who made the most significant difference to me and to the community.
He has made a difference to his town in two ways. He is a teacher who inspires students and a friend who listens to the sounds from the deepest side of the hearts of students. When I was in elementary school, he hosted group discussions in class, which was uncommon in Taiwan that time. Those group discussions helped us debate, and inspired our thoughts, which was different from the ways of most teachers in Taiwan. Besides being an inspiring teacher, he is also a friend to us, a bay where our minds are able to anchor. Since we graduated, he still stays in touch with us. My class has an online discussion board, and he visits the board on a regular basis. Some classmates even reach him via MSN and discuss their difficulties. Moreover, he attends all of our parties, which are hosted once per year. I have not heard about any teacher who goes to a students’ discussion board and listens to students’ news via phone or MSN except him. He has been an elementary school teacher for tens of years. He has made a difference to our lives and the town.

沒有留言:

張貼留言