10/17/2008

Nonfiction

The river is flowing,
Flowing and growing…

To him, time is like a river, which is flowing, and flowing faster and faster.

His cell phone was ringing, the word, Mom, showed on the screen of his cell phone.

As usually, or as the last time that he got the call from him mother, she asked how he had been recently. “So-so, just fine,” replied he. “And how had you been recently?”
##CONTINUE##
“Not pretty good, just as before,” said she, “how’s your father’s work?”

“Not good as before, but fine,” replied he.

She started regretting what she had done very long time ago. “I should have never done this to you (his father and him). I should have never sold our house. I should have never been so self-willed. I should have never divorced your father and resulted in an incomplete childhood to you. Is your father still scorning me?”

“No, he isn't. And...that’s OK,” said he. “My childhood was fine, ” thought he. He wandered why she mentioned these things to him again.

“I have a tough time recently, so I cannot give you a red-envelop as last year. I hope that you don’t mind,” said she.

“That’s OK,” said he. He wandered why she is so regretful and mind about these things.

“I will go to see you during the New Year vocation if I have time,” said she.

“OK,” replied he.

“The economic situation is really bad. It’s not easy to find a job recently. Will it be hard to find a job when you graduate?” asked she fearfully.

“No, it won’t. It’s not hard to get a job if I study hard and well in school. We, my friends and I don’t worry about to find a job. But it’s true that it’s not easy to find a good job,” said he airily.

“Well, ha, that’s good to know that you won’t have to worry about living stuffs,” said she with less fearful tone.

“And how had the yang sister been doing recently?” asked he.

“As usual, she’s not interested in school stuffs and studying at all,” said she, “your sister now is a junior high school student, and her teacher said that she’s not good at school subjects.”

“She’s already a junior high school student? So fast, time is elapsing so fast. She’s just an elementary student last time we met,” said he. “It’s OK, to find her interest matters more.”

“But the problem is she and I both have no idea what she’s interested in,” said she anxiously.

“That’s fine, she just a junior high school student. It’s not necessary to be hesitated to make a decision,” said he. He thought that parents probably always worry about the future and the prospect of their children.

“OK, you can back to work what you were busy on. I’m going to work, talk to you next time, bye-bye,” said she.

“Bye-bye”, replied he.

沒有留言:

張貼留言