1/07/2008

Time

I found two interesting articles which describe about time. One of them was written by Yu-Fen, she described the fireworks in the New Year’s Eve as “The powders and pieces of papers were exploded into the fire trees and silver blooms in such a luxury way, and nothing were left behind. That was definitely a quite adequate time-ceremony could not be suitable anymore. It was like a parable, mist, and lighting. It was a dizzy and captivating emptiness. We were extremely charmed in the moment, but exceedingly regretful as we were awake…And that was time, and its elapse.” You can find the article in full text with the following URL, http://blog.chinatimes.com/yufen/archive/2008/01/06/233147.html

I think that is very thoughtful, and accurate. When I was doing something important, emergent, or meaningful, I thought I was doing something good for me. Nonetheless, I look back on my past year now, I think, what the hell I was doing? It is hard to me to recall many memorable things. And when I think about the memorable things, or the time I might be able to make something forgivable and significant, I feel regretful.

Another article talks about the relative feeling about time elapsing between childhoods and adulthoods. He says we feel every new year is shorter than the past year. The reason is, comparing to the years we lived, to the latter year in our lives, the divisor or the denominator becomes greater. Thus we feel each of the latter years becomes shorter and shorter. You can find it in
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/gradlive&article_id=7093650

Well, I think that is true. I feel the latter years are shorter than those earlier years. And I think another reason is, if we choose our rest years as the divisor, then we will have a divisor which becomes smaller and smaller as the years are passing. Thus the value of the latter years is greater than the one of the earlier years in our lives. As we think our time is more and more important and valuable as we are aging, we feel the time is elapsing faster and faster.

沒有留言:

張貼留言