12/18/2007

Who Are You

    Who are you? Do you know who you are? Are you able to speak in such a way that others will know who you are? How will you speak? What words do you use?


    Frankly, I don’t really know who I am. If I have to use words to describe who I think I am, I would say: my name is Shine and I am a Computer Science major at the NTUST.

    I am a male technically and obviously, nonetheless, sometimes I act in a way that not satisfies social desirability, for example, my eyes sometimes become moist when I see a tear-jerker. And I am an introverted, pensive, kind of pessimistic person. If silence is one way to speak, then I think I may be able to make people know who I am since usually I don’t speak at all. I think and read more often than I talk. I am a common reader, as everyone who likes reading, I have a lot of unfinished books on my bookshelf, and new books always come so fast, that I never finished those books on my bookshelf. I read, therefore I am. Furthermore, I am a judicious person most of time but nevertheless investigative sometimes. I can make decision for myself easily most of time, but sometimes I am frustrated about making decision for important issue such as my future, or something trivial such as what to buy for a drink. Moreover, I am also a logical and analytic person, most of time I speak and think in such way, but sometimes my brain and tongue malfunction, that may hint that I am a computer guy. Most of all, I am a solitude person. I enjoy being alone. I like my own company. I love the atmosphere that makes me be able to talk to myself and to understand myself. I am learning the art of enjoying solitude in this noisy world.

    The most bothering thing to me would be schoolwork. Now I worry about the up-coming final exam of Mobile Computing, which will take place at the day after X’mas day. The final presentation of that course also worries me; the presentation is scheduled at the beginning of January 2008. Students in that course are asked to present a paper, but I haven’t prepared. Mobile Computing is a grad-school course; I am the only undergrad who takes it. I hope I can obtain a satisfying grade from it. On the other hand, the up-coming project presentation of Internet Security and Cryptology, which is set in the end of this year, also bothers me profoundly. Furthermore, I have a meeting with a grad senior tomorrow, who is in charge of my undergrad project. I hope the meeting will go smoothly and the project can be finished on time. Recently, I am waiting for the results of my applications for grad schools. And unfortunately, I am in the second choice list of the NTU, NTHU, and NCKU. NTU announced their second round result last Thursday, and I need two more people give up their entrance to get into the CSIE department. Similarly, I have to wait 24 more people giving up their entrance to get into the CS department at the NTHU. Worst of all, it is almost impossible that so much people drop the NTU or NTHU. However, fortunately, I was in the best choice of the NTUST, and I was accepted by the CSIE department at the NCKU yesterday. According this situation, I will probably go to Tainan if I have no luck at the NTU or NTHU.

    Despite the love of reading, another character of mine which is different to most of my classmates would be the part-time and intern experiences. I have had a part-time job at Wanner Cinema Village, a study-center, etc. The strange thing is that I still don’t know why that people were so hesitated, no mater in the highest class cinema or in the mass studying area. They always seemed to live in hustle and bustle. Furthermore, I was in an internship at Formosa in 2004, where I was responsible for assisting office affairs and developing a database program. In the contrast, this summer, I was in an internship at Texas Instruments, where what we summer interns had to do are finishing two projects each, no trivial office stuffs at all. Now, I am a part-time programmer and administrator of servers at a small foreign business located in Neihu. In spite of the unsatisfying low salary, it is a place where I can really enjoy the benefits of teamwork so far.

    Thus far, I noticed that I am a realistic person, yet reality is what I want to escape from.

沒有留言:

張貼留言