12/28/2007

What does Christmas mean to me?

Hum, I don’t quite remember what I wrote in Tuesday morning. (I should’ve written it down immediately after class.)

December 25, Christmas Day, is also a memorial day for our Constitutions. But it’s no longer a holiday since I was junior high. When I was junior high, friends of mine and I wrote Christmas cards to each other. We gave each other our wishes, and hoped each other to be happy or to fall in love with a potential lover. If we wanted to know someone in the opposite gender, we also wrote them cards, described how we felt about them; that could make us knowing each other more, and have general classmates becoming friends, or beyond friendship. And I still have a box that stores those cards I received during the three years (I miss those cards but I didn’t re-read them for many years).

However, when I graduated from junior high school, I went to a junior collage (five-year collage) that was set for boys only. And classmates of mine did not celebrate Xmas anymore. Christmas day, to me, cecame a meaniful day for lovers only. Some classmates of mine would hang out with their girlfriends, but most of the time my roommates and I might stay in the dorm and prepare for electricity or calculus quizzes, and send blessings to some friends by MSN in Xmas Eve. Some communities of my school would hold a ball, and some friends of mine would have a short-strip with girl-schools, but I only attended those activities on occasion when I was junior, and I attended them less and less as I progressed to my senior year. Christmas day seemed to be a day we met people whom we did not know, and whom we even would not contact with, to escape from our loneliness.

After all, I went to a party with my ex-coworkers last Xmas Eve when I was a part-time employee in a study-center. We started from the midnight, the time we were off work, till dawn. It had a lot of funs. We circled with a hot pot, exchanged gifts by lottery, and ate and chatted. That time I just joined the company, and after the party, I became familiar with each co-worker. We did no met each other very often, that enabled us knowing each other better though.

Maybe Christmas Day is a chance that we can know each other better, but most of time, it acts like an usual working day. I still have to go to school, do my homework, and prepare the final exam which is scheduled on the following day. Some of my friends may hang out with their girlfriends, or girls they like. Most of us stay at dorm, library, or Labs as usual, and do nothing special at all. Maybe I do usual things with unusual emotions in this day. Maybe I think I should do something special today, but I do not know what to do, and it is better to deal with those things that I need to do. Xmas may be special and memorial for Christians, lovers, maybe businessmen, but not for me, at least not this year.

沒有留言:

張貼留言